I made these muffins yesterday for Ryan and they are SO good. They're right at 100 calories per muffin.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 3/4 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla work well)
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your apple so it's ready to be put in.
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients (oats through sugar) in a large bowl.
- Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, and soymilk (do the banana and applesauce first, then whip in the soymilk).
- Mix the wet into the dry and toss in the nuts and apples (quickly!)
- The batter should be slightly rising, very fluffy and wet. Scoop it into paper linings in a muffin tray or a greased tin.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, but try to take out as soon as they look done (over cooking makes them a little bit harder, but still just as tasty).