Yesterday was plain awful...
You can say that again.
Yesterday was plain awful!
(Name that musical)
So this week has sucked. But it's over. Thank goodness. And what is a girl to do when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad? I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad! (Ok, slight obsession with musicals this morning.)
1. Online shopping - Have you all signed up for the online deals at HauteLook, GiltGroup, One King's Lane, Joss & Main, ideeli, The Foundry, etc.? I'm obsessed. I've been having the best luck on these sites lately. Here are few of my favorite purchases.
Cute shift dresses for work (Tahari, Taylor, Eci, Muse) from ideeli:
Great furniture for my house from Joss & Main. I got this amazing teal settee for the upstairs landing area (which matches my map wall!) and this great storage ottoman for the bedroom.
Amazing deals on hotels from the Getaway section of HauteLook. We booked our next Chicago trip on here for a great price, plus discounts at the hotel restaurant (which is supposed to be delicious).
Anyone else finding really great deals online lately?
2. Google Chrome - Perhaps I'm a little late to the Google Chrome love fest and perhaps this is a really stupid thing to be excited about, but I can't shut up about Google Chrome. After spending my entire life on Internet Explorer (so, I'm loyal), I've finally made the switch and I'm not looking back. It's so fast! And clean and uncluttered. Plus, I can finally comment on your blogs again without having to deal with the log-in circle of death I was previously dealing with. Makes me happy!
3. Italy - I've now booked hotels in two of the cities where we'll be staying and am really happy with our choices. I'm so excited about our itinerary and can't read enough about the locations, the history, the food, the people, the culture, the activities, the views, the feeling of Italy! I'm already planning what I'm going to pack, debating what lenses I'm going to rent and dreaming about the food I'm going to eat while I'm there! This trip cannot get here soon enough!
4. Pinterest - This one is pretty self-explanatory. It's now moved beyond love to a full-blown hard-core addiction. As of today, I have 27 boards, 537 followers and over 1,300 pins. Hello, my name is Sara and I am a Pinaholic. Please send help. But oh, the recipes, the products, the thoughts, the clothing, the ideas, the photos, the animals, the tutorials, the inspiration. This might be the greatest thing to happen to the internet ever.
5. Olivia Palermo - What is it about this girl? She was such a bitch on The City, and yet, I'm absolutely fascinated with her. Talk about a fashion sense! Everything she wears is impeccable. And that hair! Seriously, does she ever have a bad hair day? Ugh. Love her and hate her.
That's all folks!
What are you loving these days?