I can't even tell you how excited I am to be having a little boy. I constantly wonder who he's going to look like and what traits he'll get from me. I truly hope he's a miniature Ryan in looks, attitude and ability, but there are some things I hope he'll pick up from me (e.g., my love of reading). I love imagining the day that Ryan will teach him how to throw a curve ball, how to bait a hook and how to ride a bike. But there are some things I want to be able to teach him too. So when I saw this article the other day called "15 Things a Mom Should Teach her Boys," I got so excited! I loved it so much I want to reprint it here for you. This is such a great list and has made me so excited about all the things I get to teach my son one day. Of course, he'll be able to learn these things by watching his father (because Ryan had a great mom who taught him these things) - there are just some things that only a mom will be able to teach.
1. The kitchen? Not just for girls. Learn to use a stove.
2. If a girl tries to change you she doesn’t really love you no matter how much you want her to.
3. Shower daily, keep your nails trim and use deodorant.
4. A dutch oven is never funny. EVER.
5. It is NEVER acceptable to break up with a girl over the phone.
6. Understand how to use basic tools.
7. When you ask a girl, “Is something wrong?” and she says, “No.” She’s lying.
8. The job of a stay-at-home mom is equally as hard as yours.
9. Table manners. Use them.
10. You will never know a stronger pull than that of your friends trying to get you to participate in their wrong doing. Resisting makes you a man. Succumbing makes you a coward.
11. NEVER use your fists to solve ANY dispute. One wrong punch could take a life and it could be yours.
12. Condoms will save your life.
13. Never use the word gay in a derogatory manner. It’s ignorant.
14. Sexting is a federal offense.
15. Real girls do not look like Victoria’s Secret models.
Anything else that you would add?