1. Well, it's official. Maternity leave is over and I'm back to work this week. It's been a rough week too. Probably not as bad as I had built it up in my head, but going back to the office full-time is definitely one of the hardest decisions I've had to make as a parent so far. But I really do think it's the right one. We found a great nanny that Ryan and I (and Mac) love. I feel very good and confident about leaving Mac with her all day. I know she's going to take good care of him, spoil him, give him lots of love and attention (as well as take care of the dogs and help out around the house), but it's just so hard knowing that I'm not there and missing out on all the fun they're having. I spent the entire week leading up to my return sobbing and having panic attacks about how horrible it was going to be. Turns out, it's hard, but I think we'll manage. I've cried every morning this week when I leave the house, but once I'm at work I'm fine. And actually, I feel more like myself now than I have in months. And that's a good thing. I keep hearing it gets a little easier every day. That's good to know. So, I figure that by the time Mac turns 15, I should be fine and completely back to normal.
2. Speaking of my old self, when do I get her body back? And should I be horribly embarrassed that I'm wearing maternity slacks to work today? Three months postpartum. Because I'm not...I may never wear normal slacks again. Maternity pants are so damn comfortable!
3. My Facebook feed is flooded with photos of my friends' kids going to school or back to school this week. I can't believe so many of my friends have school-aged children. I was just home a few days ago and my cousin Mandy's oldest is starting seventh grade! SEVENTH GRADE! How did that happen? These kids were just babies like yesterday. Which makes me freak the hell out because Mac's going to grow up and will be going to school a few years from now. Which will basically feel like tomorrow. With a backpack and new shoes and spiral notebooks. Ahh! WHERE DID THE TIME GO?!!
4. My goddaughter's first anniversary of her baptism is coming up next weekend. I want to get her something special to commemorate the occasion. Ideally, I'd love to get her something (or do something) that can be done every year, like a tradition. I thought about doing a donation in her name or a savings bond (do people still do those?) or something, but nothing's really striking my fancy. Anyone have any ideas?
5. I am SO incredibly far behind on reading blogs and I really miss them. I'm dying to know what's going on in everyone's life, but I haven't been able to keep up. My Google Reader is out of control! It says 1000+ but I know it really means 7000+. Oy. I've been reading some blogs on my iPad, but it doesn't let me comment (why is that?), so if I haven't commented on your blog in a while that's why. And I'm sorry! I'll do better. And someday I'll catch up on everyone's lives. Maybe.