1. I'm so excited about all the awesome stuff we have coming up in the next few weeks. Mim's baptism is this weekend, followed by Mother's Day (with a special surprise giveaway for those of you that follow me on Instagram), then Mac's 3rd birthday (ahhh!!!) and our annual beach vacation (soooo ready). May is going to be a really great (and busy) month!
2. I am really enjoying Wednesdays, now that I have the day off and can spend it with the kids. It's been awesome to have a day in the middle of the week to reconnect with them. Plus, it makes my work week feel so much shorter. We've been doing all kinds of stuff these days. So far, we've been to the Magic House (twice), the Zoo (twice) and the Botanical Gardens. This week I took Mac to get a haircut, then we hit up the bookstore and out for a lunch date at Chick-Fil-A. We've got plans to do Grant's Farm and Wild Bird Sanctuary soon. Every week is a new adventure! This upcoming Wednesday, I'll be taking over the Savvy Sassy Moms Instagram account and giving you a sneak peek into our day and all the chaos that ensures. Should be fun!
3. I absolutely love that Mim is a pacifier baby. Mac never took a paci and always had a hard time self-soothing, but this girl has loved her paci from day one. She's so funny now that she can manipulate her own paci - she pulls it out, makes faces, sticks it back in, swaps it for another one. It's adorable. We received a package of Nuby Comfort Orthodontic pacifiers* to review and she loves them. They're specially designed for babies age 6-12 months (did you know that you should only give your child pacifiers specifically made for their age because of choking dangers?). They're also BPA free, have a handle (for easy attachment to a pacifier clip) and come with a package of pacifier wipes. We're pro-germ, so we don't use the wipes that often (I say that jokingly, but only kind of), but they're great for easy cleaning when you're out and about and not close to a sink. They're available at Wal-Mart and Babies R Us.
4. I just got my second Stitch Fix and it was even better than the first! I'm kicking myself that it's taken me this long to finally pull the trigger and sign up for this. I'm pretty happy with the items that my stylist sent and ended up keeping 3 out of the 5 pieces (sorry, I didn't take any pictures). I kept a long sleeve black and white blouse for work, a black and blue striped shell (also for work) and a casual/comfy grey and white striped long cardigan. I requested a dress that I could wear for Mim's baptism and they sent me two really cute ones - both wrap dresses with stretchy fabric - but neither of them felt dressy enough for the occasion. I really liked the style of them and they'd definitely both be something I could wear to work, but they were a bit tight in the midsection and emphasized my non-baby bump way more than I'd like. Ugh. It's seriously time to lose the baby weight.
5. I really need some help and motivation in the meal planning department. Every now and then I'll get myself organized enough to actually plan out our meals for the week and then shop for them and I am blown away by how much easier that makes my life and eliminates weekday stress. But I can't seem to find the time to actually commit to doing it every week. Most nights, dinnertime is a total shit show and we're desperately just trying to throw something together that wouldn't get us thrown in jail for child neglect. If it was just me, I'd have a can of soup for dinner every night (or just ice cream), but alas...these kids need to eat real food. I'm always so impressed by other bloggers that share their weekly menus and shopping lists. How do you all do it? Do you plan one week out? A month? How often do you grocery shop? Do you repeat meals? Do you pick recipes you've tried and know you like or do you try new recipes?
Please please please share your meal planning tips/tricks and advice!
I'd love to hear how you do it!
*We received this product to review as part of the Nuby Parent Blogger Program. All opinions are 100% my own (and Mim's are her own).