blaming crediting that beautiful blonde over at "For the Love" for tempting me with this delicious dessert. She shares my love of all things pumpkin, Jeopardy (we both think we could kick ass on that show), tailgating at college football games, boots, books, J. Crew, cooking, In Style magazine, Halloween, diet Coke, Michelle Obama, and fun cheap accessories. I love this girl.
A few weeks ago, she posted a Libby's recipe for Pumpkin Roll that spoke to the very depths of my soul. I have not been able to stop thinking about it and drooling over it. A friend's mother used to make pumpkin roll for us when we were kids, but I haven't had it in ages. So, yesterday I went out and bought a jelly roll pan and last night I made my very first pumpkin roll (actually, I made 2). And they are delicious!! I was slightly intimidated by the recipe (I've never made a jelly roll), but it was actually pretty easy and turned out really well. Thank you For the Love!!
Libby's recipe can be found online HERE.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.