Holy moly, this is the most insane age ever! You are a such a little fireball right now and are definitely giving us a run for our money. Most days I don't know whether to love this age or cry myself to sleep at night because I feel like the crappiest parent ever. You are wild and crazy, sweet and kind, evil and hilarious, all within a 5 minute span. You go from insanely adorable to just fucking insane at the speed of light. Defiant and opinionated don't even begin to describe you right now and I'm blown away by how intense your emotions and actions can be. You are all ATTITUDE and personality and will probably give your dad and I both a heart attack before your next birthday. Two and a half is seriously BONKERS.
- You always say "Thank you SO much."
- About 16 times a day you ask me if you can have a treat for being a good listener. Even if I just scolded you about not listening. Apparently you weren't listening to that part.
- When we tell you that eating your vegetables will make you big and strong, you clench your fists and grit your teeth and flex your muscles. It's hilarious.
- The other day we were jumping on the bed and you were laughing so hard you snorted. You stopped dead in your tracks and said, "Mama, there's a pig in my nose!"
- You say, "I got a snail" when you have a fingernail that needs to be trimmed.
- You ask to "play with the grills" (girls across the street).
- You talk ALL. THE. TIME. You never ever ever shut up. You even talk in your sleep. I've never met another child your age that talks as much and as well as you. You tell stories, you ask questions, you talk to your babies and the dogs, you narrate everything you do. You've started really understanding pronouns and use I/me/mine, you/your, his/hers all in the right context. You're getting really good with conjugating verbs correctly, which sometimes blows me away (and makes me a little sad because it was so cute when you got them wrong).
- Instead of "I love you," you say "I missed you."
- A few weeks ago, you burped at the dinner table and I asked you what we say after a burp (prompting you to say "excuse me"). At the same time your papa said "there's something wrong in here," so now every single time you burp you say, "There's something wrong in here!"
- You love to list everyone in our house and all your things, whenever you have the chance. For example, I was telling you that we were going to go on a carriage ride with your grandparents and you started listing everyone that you wanted to go: Mac, Mim, mommy, daddy, Jigsy, Sagey, Mally, fishes, Mr. Shuey, toys, stingrays, Grandma Linda, Clayton, Boo Boo, dump truck, Sugar, beetles, crickets, milk.
- You're obsessed with chapstick. After daddy telling you to stay away from his Chapstick a million times I finally gave you your own Chapstick, which was a horrible idea. Now we have to hear, "This is MY Chapstick," 30 times a day. You keep it in your own drawer and use it all over your face (on your eyes, up your nose, etc.). You are always covered in strawberry flavored Chapstick...but at least you have very soft skin.
- You refuse to use the potty, but you LOVE to poop in my car. Every night you ask to go out in the garage and sit in my car and poop. It's hilarious. And my car stinks.
- Occasionally you'll stop in the middle of playing and go into the office and tell me you need to check your email.
- You're obsessed with the tape measure and have to measure everything (the countertop, the couch, Mim, the dogs, my leg, crickets, the TV, trucks, etc.). Oddly enough, everything measures "two."
- You are a master at hide and seek. And by master, I mean you're terrible. You pull a blanket out into the middle of the room, get under it and yell, "Mama, find me!" And then when I pretend to not be able to find you and ask where you are, you yell "I'm right here! I'm hiding!" You must think I'm a complete idiot.
- Whenever you do something that you know you aren't supposed to do and you get away with it, you give me this ridiculous squinty smile and say, "I'm a stinkernoodle" (translation = stinker doodle). Yes, you are.
- Any time you see two of anything, the big one is the daddy and the little one is the baby. Daddy and baby stingrays. Daddy and baby tractors. Daddy and baby chicken nuggets. Daddy and baby ink pens. Daddy and baby crickets. Daddy and baby sippy cups. There's never a mommy in the picture...
- You've told me there's a tiny little ghost that lives in your crib. He's not scary and he's only pretend. He's only scary in the book. He's white and veeerrrry tiny.
- You say "Adios Amigos!" any time anyone leaves.
Oh, Macaroni. I love you so much. Don't ever change.