Is there anything better than mint chocolate chip ice cream? According to my kids...no. But I disagree. The only thing better than the ice cream itself is a mint chocolate chip ice cream pie with marshmallows, whipped cream, bits of Andes mints and an Oreo crust drizzled with chocolate sauce. Is your mouth watering yet?!!
Feel free to add a few drops of green food coloring if you want your pie to look a bit greener. Usually, I wouldn't add any coloring since Ryan tends to break out in hives if he has green food dye, but since he wasn't home and I planned on eating the entire pie myself, I added four drops...just enough to give it a bit more green tint for photos.
Pour the ice cream mixture in the Oreo cookie crust, top with more bits of Andes mints and freeze for at least an hour.
I highly recommend having a tiny toddler help you with dishes and cleanup. She loves to lick the spoon and beaters, just like her mama. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is her favorite!
Once your pie has refrozen and solidified, feel free to slice it up and dig in! I topped with Hershey's syrup because why not? The pie is delicious and decadent, yet still feels light and fluffy.
- 4 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 cup Andes mint pieces
- Hershey syrup
- Oreo cookie pie crust
1. Add softened ice cream, whipped cream and marshmallows to standing mixer bowl and whip together until blended and creamy.
2. Fold in 1/2 cup of Andes mints (or brownie bits or crushed cookies).
3. Pour mixture into pie crust, top with more mints and freeze solid (at least 1 hour).
4. Slice, top with Hershey syrup and enjoy!
Any other mint chocolate chip fans out there?
What's your favorite St. Patrick's Day dessert?