2. Guess who's coming to visit me this weekend? This girl. I'm serious...feel free to die of jealousy now.
3. I finally broke down and made The Pioneer Woman's Best Lasagna. Ever. It has now ruined me for all other lasagna in the world. I'm a believer. I'm also going to gain a million pounds because I can't stop eating it. I can't wait to go home and eat it again for dinner. Help me.
4. I just spent a week in Breckenridge and didn't take one single picture. Not one. Never even opened my camera bag or pulled out my phone. This trip will just have to live in my little mind forever - all snow-covered, romantic and quiet. It was a wonderful trip. Ryan did take this one of me on his iPhone while we were waiting for the shuttle on our first day. I look scared, don't I?
5. After a week of skiing blacks and double black diamond runs in Breckenridge, my husband thinks he should try out for the Olympic ski team. Seriously, he's considering it. This boy does not lack confidence.
6. After a week of skiing greens and some blue runs in Breckenridge, I think I'm lucky to still be alive with no broken bones. I got seriously schooled by a group of 5 year olds on the slopes. They are fearless! Learning to ski at 30+ is hard. I blame my parents for not putting me in skis when I was old enough to walk. We lived on a big hill, I would have figured it out! I could have made it down to the bus so much faster!
7. Ryan's cousin Joe proposed to his girlfriend Laira over the holidays so we've got another wedding this summer! YAY! I lurve weddings so much. Laira might be the more beautiful bride that has ever existed. And I think the wedding might be on a beach in North Carolina! Kill me now. So excited! I'm ready to book my flight NOW.
8. My family and I played three games of Trivial Pursuit over the holidays and Ryan and I won 2 out of 3 games. Nothing to add, I just wanted to rub it in, in case any of them are reading this. Booya! CHAMPIONS!
9. I finally finished the third book in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and I want more. I want there to be at least 10 more Lizbeth Salander books. And I just finished the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy. Whoa, that is messed up. And so awesome. I loved it. Can't wait to read the next two. Definitely movie potential there. If you haven't read either of these series, you are missing out. Start them immediately. And kiss the rest of January goodbye since you won't be able to tear yourself away from them.