I've been missing the islands! Badly! And I cannot stop thinking about those Mango-tinis that Ryan and I would have every afternoon in the hot tub. There's nothing like being warm and sipping a cold drink. So last night, we built a fire in the living room, cuddled under the blankets and had fresh mango sorbet! Not quite as good as a Mango-tini (although it did have a little tequilla in it), it definitely hit the spot.
This recipe is about as easy as pie. Actually, it's WAY easier than pie - making pie is hard! The only hard part about it is cutting the mangos. They're a little tricky, but I have some tips for you.
- 4 mangos
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequilla
- pinch of salt
1. In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Peel, seed, and cube the mango.
3. Place mango in a blender and puree. Pour in sugar water, lime juice, tequilla and salt and puree until smooth.
4. Chill in freezer until cold.
5. Place in an ice cream maker until set (according to ice cream maker's directions).
6. Freeze or enjoy right away!