Day 14 of the "Blog Every Day in May" challenge:
"Ten things that make you really happy..."
1. Watching my baby with my husband. There is something so incredibly special about that father-son bond that I will never know or understand. Sometimes I get jealous just thinking about how much time they're going to spend together in the future, how he'll want to grow up to be just like his daddy, how he'll be able to tell him things that he can't tell me. But then my heart fills with pride knowing that I chose the most amazing man in the world to be that person for my child. These two are going to be the best of friends.
2. Movies with talking animals.
3. A clean uncluttered house where all the dishes are done, the laundry's put away, the rugs are vacuumed and the counter tops are cleared off. This so rarely happens that I'm not sure I wouldn't just die of excitement (and shock) if it did.
5. Cake. Preferably chocolate cake with vanilla icing. Lots of icing.
6. Baby snuggles. And baby hugs. And baby kisses/licks. And baby high-fives.
7. Being told that you did a good job on something. Whether it's a project at work, an invitation I sent out, or even just a good dinner I made, I truly love when people recognize and acknowledge when I do a good job at something. Can you tell that "Words of Affirmation" are one of my Love Languages?
8. I'm getting a nephew in September! Did I mention that yet? Well, I am! And I'm so excited. Excited to see my little brother and his wife become parents. Excited to be an aunt again. Excited to have a new baby to hold and snuggle and visit. Excited for Mac to have a boy cousin (in town!) to be his partner in crime. We're saving up money for bail now.
9. The look on Mac's face when I walk in the door at the end of the day.
10. Vacation. We've got our annual Location X fishing trip coming up in a few weeks and I'm giddy at the thought of spending long days at the beach, exploring the island, lounging by the pool in the evenings, going into town for dinner of oysters and wine and ending the night in a cool dark air conditioned room with the sound of the waves outside my window. I can't wait to see how Mac does at the beach now that he can walk. And I'm forever indebted to my husband for taking one for the team and driving the dogs and all our luggage there, while we fly, so our whole entire family (minus the cat) can vacation together. I owe you big, I know. And I owe the cat.
What makes you happy right now?